Try something new!
If you're making meals in a vacation home; keep it fun and simple. Take a cookbook that you've been wanting to try.
Vacation House Cooking Rules
Everyone has a job And Keep it Fun:
- The cooks (one chef and kitchen slaves) do not set the table or
the cooks plan, shop, cook and serve.
- The scullions (everyone who isn't a cook) set the table, take the dishes away, and clean up afterwards; including washing and and putting dishes away.
Try local food; don't make what you normally make at home
- Be adventurous.
- Don't get fast food or visit the chains you always visit.
- Have waffles topped with fresh fruit and vanilla yogurt.
- Breakfast burrito/wrap.
- Grilled vegetables and cheese panini sandwich.
- Salad or quesadilla made from leftovers (BBQ chicken, shrimp, grilled vegetables...)
- If you want a quite evening at home, pick up items from a local
One of our favorites: a take-and-steam steamer pot from
Steamers Shellfish to Go - if you're enjoying North Carolina's Outerbanks.
Snacks and Appetizers
- Guacamole and chips
- Curry cheese and crusty bread
- Citrus punch
Laughter is an instant vacation.
— Milton Berle